Monday, June 7, 2010

The MBA journey.....so far...Chapter 2

As I said I was destined for gr8 things...however life had something else in store for me....
So I started this season with all the gusto and enthu...
I joined CL although pretty late, gave all sorts of test series and went throught the whole grind....
Filled in all the forms gave alll entrance tests...IIFT, SNAP, CAT, XAT etc etc..also I had filled forms for all colleges this time.
Finally after all was said and done....(wouldnt say much abbout the first online CAT coz it kinda sucked).....I had screwed up in IIFT, FMS, JMET...
I got calls from SIBM-P, XIM and XLRI...
Obviously XLRI was the call I was desperate to convert so I went ahead preparing for the GD/PI's.
SIBM was the first to conduct the GD/PI and I cannot say that I have ever seen a more beautiful college campus...perhaps IIM K is the same...but I would not be able to tell.
So newaz I wont say that as I stepped up the stairs I knew that this is where I wanted to study...coz that is bullshit.....of course I wanted to study in XLRI...
But anyways after a great interview and a very average GD I wasnt hoping for much as this was the first important GD/PI of the season and everyone was eager to convert. And it was proved correct when I recieved the regret letter....I didnt even make the WL. But I had managed a pretty decent 99.8842 in the GD/PI and was still hopeful.

Next were the XAT calls....first up XIMB.
My overall performance at XIMB was much better than SIBM and I was hoping for a positive result.

XLRI was not that good and was really disappointed that I had messed up my best call. I wasnt really hoping for much.

When the results came in I was WL at no 3 for XIMB and no 78 for XLRI....wat a poor performance. For someone who got good scores at the entrances I wasnt really good at the GD/PI thing.

So now started the wait...I promptly converted the XIMB call after the first deadline...

In the meanwhile I got a surprise call from MDI despite my low CAT score. I knew that interview was never gonna be converted because of their high weightage to the CAT score..So I just completed the formality of attending the GD/PI and frankly speaking so did the faculty....the less said about it the better..

I also got a calll from IMT-G which I propmtly bunked... ;)

Soon as expected I converted SIBM and was now in a dilemma as to which college should I choose. In the end I opted for SIBM coz of well pune and the fact that I was fixed on marketing as my specialaization..

So as I had said it does not always turn out as expected....but there are no regrets and whatever happens does so for a reason....so perhaps this just another piece of the puzzle that is my life...

1 comment:

  1. Cool dude...

    but let others know what amazing marks u got this year in XAT and ur mantra to overcome your fear of Quant.....

    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete