Monday, June 7, 2010

The MBA journey.....so far...Chapter 1

Well friends my MBA journey started last year when two years ago when after failed attempts to get admission into a good american university for
MS, I joined Thermax in Pune.
I had completed my Chemical Engineering from Laxminarayan Institute of Technology in Nagpur.
After getting into Thermax I met frds who had MBA on their mind and thus began my journey which will be a part of folklore atleast in my family.
The first year in Thermax I saw all my friends appearing for CAT/XAT and all other entrance tests that existed. I too towed the line and filled the forms for CAT and XAT. However I didnt fill the forms for any specific colleges, which any MBA aspirant will know is a big mistake. Well I wasnt really expecting much from myself, having absolutely no background on MBA entrances and giving the exams for the sake of it.
Well after filling the form I forgot all about it. I was sent to a site visit in Assam and was fighting for survival for 1.5 months. The stories of that visit are perhaps for another time. And I forgot all about CAT.
One fine Saturday I was roaming about with my friends in Pune. It was 10 o clock at night that I managed to return home, only to find out that all my friends were preparing for the big day tomorrow. Then it all hit me suddenly that I had filled a form and then recieved a Admit card. I thought to myself that "screw" CAT. Who cares???, right.
So next day I took my I card and went to the center. The exam went all right and I was surprised that how simple it had turned out. Nothing like what I had heard about in graduation.
Well when I went home and compared my performance with other well prepared wannabe CAT crackers I realised that I had done pretty well....so now waited for the results.
Meanwhile another form I had filled (XAT) had arrived..
This time I browsed the previous years paper on the day before the exam just to check the format and stuff. This exam was also pretty good for me and I now waited for the results and waiting to show off my awesome scores to my friends...scores I had gotten without any preparation...
Finally both results came in and I had scored a whopping 98.19 in CAT and an absolutely unbelievable 99.36 in XAT. However I had badly screwed up Quant section in both and thus was deprived of any calls.
However with such awesome scores I was surely destined for greater things next year...
That is not life works however....

No comments:

Post a Comment